For Whom ?
Students and Practicing Designers who are following the open course on computational design
- Working knowledge of the English language. Ability to communicate in it. Bad spelling will be excused as I suffer from the same.
- CAD (proficiency in Rhino/grasshopper or SolidWorks or Inventor)
- Commitment ( You need to participate actively in discussions and submit your work for review)
Similar to a university level course. Lectures will be posted online and discussion on lectures will happen within the learning group on generative design. Exercises will be posted for those subscribed to the learning groups and work will be peer and expert reviewed within the groups.
- Lectures on topics will be posted. These lectures will be discuses within the learning groups.
- Modelling projects will be given and revised by peers and by experts
No formal assessment. The aim is to develop the participants ability to asses their own and their peers work. The beta course is specifically for motivated students. We like to use the time of our experts effectively on participants and for this reason non participants may be asked to withdraw from the learning group.
What will be covered (Beta Course)
- Theoretical foundation for generative design
- Biological design processes – from a computational perspective
- Generative Modelling Skills
- Process issues in generative design
At the end of the course..
We expect you to have developed
- A high level understanding of generative design
- Ability to create generative models
- Ability to apply generative design to real life design problems
(Registration now open the first Beta course is free )
- Sign Up in DDA
- Please accept my friend request (else I cannot invite you to the learning groups)
- Make sure that you fill in your profile is completed with a a para about
- Request to join the relevant group
- Pls send me a message with a para about what you expect to learn
- Based on my response, you can apply to join the learning group on generative design
Please read our expectations > here.
Final Course (under preparation)